Thank you for participating in the Salsify Chat Program! This guide will walk you through the necessary steps to integrate Salsify Chat with your LivePerson console. Your Account ID and verification code is required to complete the setup process. However, we highly recommend you enable typing notifications for your operators.
In order for Salsify Chat to integrate with your LivePerson account, you will need to provide the Salsify team with your verification code.
- Obtain your verification code by visiting the provided link here.
- Please provide this code to a Welcome representative.
The following instructions will guide you through some optional items in the setup process. To begin, login to your LivePerson admin console.
When typing notifications are enabled, your operators will be notified when a visitor is typing a
response. Visitors will also be notified that the operator is typing. You can enable this feature in your LivePerson admin console.
- Select “Visitor Experience” then “Chat” from the left-sidebar menu.
- Select the chat window for which you would like to enable typing notifications. The window name may simply be “Default.”
- Select the “Extras” tab within the Window Editor.
- Enable “Show Typing Notification messages to visitors.”
- Enable “Show Typing Notification messages to operators.”
- Select “Save All” once your changes are complete.
The distribution of chats to operators can be controlled by assigning skills to your operators. The Skills page displays the different skills you can choose from when configuring operators and surveys.
- In the Admin Console, select “User Set Up” then “Skills.” The Skills page shows a list of the skills currently defined in LivePerson.
- Click the “New Skill Group” button to add a new skill.
- In the Add/Edit Skill Group page enter a name and description for the skill.
- You may be required to enter an offline email address for the skill. An email will be sent to this email address if a chat is requested with an operators with a specific skill and the operator is offline. If you do not specify an email address here, offline emails will be sent to the general email address specified in your system settings.
- Move operator(s) into the right column to add them to this skill group. Operators remaining in the left column will not be added to this skill group.
- Click “Update” to save your changes
Additionally, you can assign skills to specific operators.
Select “User Set Up” then “Operators.” The Operators page displays a list of all operators currently defined in LivePerson. This page also displays an operator’s skills and permission groups.
- Select the operator whose skills you would like to edit.
- On the Add/Edit Operator page find the Skills section. This section displays all Skills currently defined in LivePerson. Select the skills(s) you would like to assign this operator.
4. Click “Update” to save your changes.